Twin Tuesday #1

As many of you know if you have been reading my blogs or know my family, you know that I come from a family of twins, and I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Since I got pregnant with my twins I have heard all the sayings.... "well it definitely didn’t skip a generation"  "are you going to have anymore, you might have twins again" "you should have known you were going to have twins".... the list goes on.

I will usually just nod my head and go along with it, however, because I am a twin doesn’t mean I have the "twin gene". My sister and I are identical- mono di twins, which means we shared one chronic sac but had our own amniotic sac- same with my boys. Which also means identical twins can happen to ANYONE! It just so happens I was a twin and I had identical twins! However, my brother and sister are fraternal twins, they had their own of everything and she actually carries the "twin gene". Also, another fun fact... just because my brother is a fraternal twin doesn’t mean he carries the "twin gene" too he actually has nothing! That’s right! The males have nothing to do with having twins, even if he is a twin!

There’s your science lesson for today! Although I was the luck of the draw and my boys are the luck of the draw, being a twin is the best! I’m so excited for my boys to grow up with someone like I did! 

Lots of Love, 

Kelsey 

Comments